zondag 22 februari 2015

Recipe flapjacks

Last night I really wanted some comfort food, after Nic has gone back to Australia I've been a little (a lot) depressed and sad so I needed some food to get my mind off things ;)

It's pretty much the easiest thing I know to bake and I always have the ingredients in my pantry. Flapjacks, golden brown deliciousness!





All you need is:

- 150 gr butter
- 75 gr light brown caster sugar
- 3 rounded up tablespoons of golden syrup (or any kind of syrup really, I use corn syrup, brown rice -syrup, maple, agave or even honey sometimes)
- 250 gr rolled oats

Method:

Makes 12-16 pieces
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes

Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Grease a shallow 20cm tin or line with greaseproof paper.
Put the butter, sugar and syrup in a sauce pan and gently heat until melted. Stir in the oats.
Turn into the tin and press it all down so its compact.
Bake for 25 minutes, it will be golden around the edges by then.
Remove from the oven and let stand for at least ten minutes to cool and get firm. Slice into 12-16 pieces any shape you like.
You can keep them for a week in an airtight container.

Enjoy!

xx M









Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten